Friday, May 16, 2008




A number of months ago there where a few people who where posting a Pay it Forward Challenge on there blogs and I signed up for the one posted on Laura's. ( Tattycat ) I had forgotten all about it until yesterday when I was surprised with a package in the mail that contained a thoughtful note and two items that she had tatted. The first was a beautiful square doily done in two shades of mauve size 80 and the second was a really cute cross that is about 1 3/4 inches tall, done in mauve and lime green variegated thread. Thank you very much Laura as I don't know about other tatters but the gift of tatting is special to me as I appreciate all the work and time that goes into it and I know how hard it is to gift a piece of tatting.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, my gosh, that is soooooo pretty both of them. You are sooooo lucky. Thanks for the eye-candy. What is this pay it forward? I've seen it on other crafty blogs. Is it too late to get involved? (I've seen the movie-so I know the concept-I just want to know what it means here in tatting blogger-land)

Grizzly Mountain Arts said...

Those are so beautiful! I love the purple and green colors together!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

What lovely gifts! Laura tats beautifully! I have to get going on my pay-it-forward gifts.

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

Ohhhh! Lucky lucky you!

Toptattyhead said...

You lucky man! What lovely gifts to treasure!

Unknown said...

The pay it forward here is you sign up for someones pay it forward and they send you a gift and in return you promise to send a gift to three people who will then send a gift to three people etc.

Singtatter said...

Such a treasure! I love the colour combinations too!

Tattycat said...

Thank you Clyde and I am glad you like your surprises. I love this pay it forward. It is so rewarding to make someone else's day!