Saturday, February 9, 2008


Hand Dyed Threads
This doily may not be the prettiest but I have to keep in mind that it is a work in progress and I am happy with how it is turning out and it is teaching me lots that I will use when doing my other designs. The thread is Tiger Eye from Marilee (YarnPlayer) and is size 80 and to give you an idea of how much you use when tatting this doily is 10 rows or about 6 inches across and I used two 50 yard skeins and had about 2 yards left over. For those of you who have purchased HDT and are afraid to use it I would strongly encourage you to use it and not wait for the perfect pattern as I am not sure there is one. Besides then you have an excuse to buy more. To those of you who have not tried HDT you are in for a treat if you give them a try. They are stronger, more colourful and a real joy to work with. If you give them a try I am sure you will love them and find them a source of inspiration.

2 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Not the prettiest?! I think it's gorgeous! I love the way the color changes make it look as if it's swirling, and the picots are perfect!

Debbie S. said...

When I began to talk about HDTs, I simply had to quote your words from this post... I hope it was okay. Your tatted pieces and your words are the best recommendations for HDTs ever!