Friday, May 16, 2008




A number of months ago there where a few people who where posting a Pay it Forward Challenge on there blogs and I signed up for the one posted on Laura's. ( Tattycat ) I had forgotten all about it until yesterday when I was surprised with a package in the mail that contained a thoughtful note and two items that she had tatted. The first was a beautiful square doily done in two shades of mauve size 80 and the second was a really cute cross that is about 1 3/4 inches tall, done in mauve and lime green variegated thread. Thank you very much Laura as I don't know about other tatters but the gift of tatting is special to me as I appreciate all the work and time that goes into it and I know how hard it is to gift a piece of tatting.

8 comments:

TattingChic said...

Oh, my gosh, that is soooooo pretty both of them. You are sooooo lucky. Thanks for the eye-candy. What is this pay it forward? I've seen it on other crafty blogs. Is it too late to get involved? (I've seen the movie-so I know the concept-I just want to know what it means here in tatting blogger-land)

Grizzly Mountain Arts said...

Those are so beautiful! I love the purple and green colors together!

Lace-lovin' Librarian - Diane said...

What lovely gifts! Laura tats beautifully! I have to get going on my pay-it-forward gifts.

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

Ohhhh! Lucky lucky you!

Linda S Davies said...

You lucky man! What lovely gifts to treasure!

Clyde said...

The pay it forward here is you sign up for someones pay it forward and they send you a gift and in return you promise to send a gift to three people who will then send a gift to three people etc.

singtatter said...

Such a treasure! I love the colour combinations too!

Tattycat said...

Thank you Clyde and I am glad you like your surprises. I love this pay it forward. It is so rewarding to make someone else's day!