Monday, May 26, 2008


Many Things To Be Happy About
We are finally starting to get some warm weather. Yesterday was the first day where you could go out and really enjoy the weather. It has been a long time coming. As readers who are familiar with my partners and I garden know we do not like your typical plants for example there are not to many people in Southern Ontario with Palm trees in there backyard during the summer. Well our latest find is a Gardenia standard that is 4 1/2 feet tall. The above picture is a bloom that has just opened on it and it is 3 inches across and the scent of the flower is totally intoxicating, one of natures marvels. It is a big deal here as they only sell small potted Gardenias for inside so this was a real find and will look wonderful in the gardens. Other good news is that I have ordered myself 2 shuttles from David Reed Smith if you have not seen his shuttles I suggest you take a look they are gorgeous and I cant wait for them to arrive. Lastly I am happy because the doily is at a point again where I am enjoying tatting it. There where a period of 2 weeks where not much got done because it just did not feel like fun but that has passed and I should be posting an update photo by the end of the week I hope. Happy Tatting everyone.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your gardenia is absolutey gorgeous. Enjoy your new shuttles and happy tatting to you!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Beautiful gardenia! Dave just brought some home from work... I can't wait for them to bloom!

I hope you enjoy your new shuttles. David's shuttles are very light weight and nice to work with. I've thought of ordering some more just because they're so nice, not because I need them!

Tattycat said...

I am so glad you finally have some warm weather. The gardenia is lovely and I can just smell it thinking about it. I can't believe you have one that big there. It must be the talk of the town. Enjoy! Our giant gardenia at the coastal house was trimmed back so far that I doubt it will bloom this year. The others in the neighborhood are though and smell wonderful. Well, there is always next year! Enjoy those shuttles.