Saturday, June 18, 2016

Hoards of Humming Birds

It all started with one Humming Bird feeder and a Humming Bird who would not share the feeder so we put up a second Humming Bird feeder and were having about five Humming Birds coming so I put up a third Humming Bird feeder and now we have hoards of them. The most I have counted around the feeders are seventeen Humming Birds. We now have eight species of Humming Birds coming and they are draining all of the the feeders twice a day. It is really nice to be able to sit on our back deck and enjoy the show these guys put on for us. I hope you enjoy the pictures.










6 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

We usually see a hummingbird or two in early summer, but none so far this year. I love your close-up pictures! That's something I'd like to learn to do.

Jane McLellan said...

Very special to be able to watch the humming birds like that.

Maureen said...

These are wonderful photos - I especially like the one of the hummingbird just about to alight on the feeder - you can almost see his wings in motion! Are they noisy birds? - We don't have them in our part of the world, at least not where I live.

Unknown said...

Hi Maureen, There are 2 small ones that do a lot of chirping but other than that the only time they get noisy is when they chase each other and then they scold each other.

Anonymous said...

Oh how lucky you are to have those beautiful birds visit. I'm sure they appreciate you feeding them. I've only seen a humming bird once which was when we were on holiday in Canada. Thanks for sharing your lovely photographs.

Bernice said...

We always saw hummingbirds when we visited my mother in law. She had a large fushia bush in the front of the house and we could sit inside and watch then go from flower to flower. They moved quite fast so I don't know how many species there were. Your photos are lovely.