Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Change in the World

Heather The Tarnished Tatter has tagged me. Now normally I am not crazy about these things but this one could be fun. Here are the rules.


1. go to your documents/pictures.


2. go to your 5th file.


3. go to your 5th picture.


4. blog about it.


5. tag 5 people …...


Okay so here it goes. I am going to my pictures and the fifth file is labeled Christmas 2008 and the fifth picture is.....


This is a plaque that was given to me by a special neighbour who I helped for 6 months. There cat was borderline kidney failure so I would go to there house every two to three nights and give there cat an IV treatment. They where amazed that I would do something so kind and not accept payment and I told them that I wanted to see people be nice and caring to each other and the way to help get that going was to set the example. The words on the plaque are a quote from Gandhi who amazed me with how he tried to change things for the better in the world, but did it in a meek and mild way and by setting an example. I truly believe these words that if we want change it has to begin with ourselves because we can only control ourselves and hopefully others will follow our example and make the change in there lives. If others do not change at least you can feel good about yourself and what you are doing and that is what is important.

I am not going to tag anyone but instead leave it open to anyone who would like to participate to tag themselves and have some fun with it.

4 comments:

Gina said...

Just wanted to say I so much agree with this statement.

Valerie said...

If we can't change the world, at least we make little efforts ourselves to make the world a better place. nice saying. i admire some of gandhi's words too.

Unknown said...

I love that saying, too! I remember seeing the movie "Ghandi" as a teenager and feeling very touched by the story of his life and his message! :)

Unknown said...

Keep it up buttercup, way to be. I didnt know the story behind this when it was your personal msg, but wow, lets all change the world one step at a time. its better then the alternative.

*HeY*