Monday, April 21, 2008


A while ago I think it was Sherry that mentioned she got a headlamp for bike riding but she was using it for tatting. Well I must say thank you for the idea. I don't know how many fellow tatters have difficulty seeing there thread that they are working with when it is dark out and they are using a fine thread and you just have the light of a lamp near you but this has been something that has been a nuisance for me. I decided to try the headlamp idea and it works amazingly well. It is so much easier to see your work and the individual knots it is amazing.If you consider buying one I would recommend the Garrity model posted above the big reasons are that you can select the brightness of the light and you can adjust the angle of the light so that it points to your work without you having to move your head. The battery life is good at 135 hours for 3 AAA batteries. I bought mine at Lowes for $20. Definitely a recommended purchase for all tatters.

5 comments:

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

Wonderful Clyde! They are especially helpful with the darker shades of thread don't you think?

Unknown said...

It is an amazing help with the darker coloured threads. I cannot believe how much easier it makes it to tat in the evening instead of just having a lamp beside you.

Unknown said...

Huh, I'll have to remember that if I decide I need it. Thanks for the recommendation on this particular model. I do remember seeing that on Sherry's blog when I went rummaging through it.

Grizzly Mountain Arts said...

Something happened to my eyes when I hit 40 and it's been all downhill since! LOL What an excellent idea!!

Tattycat said...

All right. That does it! Now you have me addicted to small thread and I'm going to have to buy a head lamp to see my tatting!